The year 2020 marks the fifth year of operations for Light My Fire. In the past, we described our grant-making work on the Web, www.lightmyfirefund.org. This year, we are presenting an annual report in order to briefly summarize our activities.
Light My Fire’s first grant-making session was in June, 2020. The second session was in November. We awarded grants to the following organizations and groups:
- Training women and children refugees in Juarez, Mexico
- Tailoring projects for Ugandan single mothers
- Briquette-making by women in Uganda
- Teaching girls salon management in Bolivia
- Education for orphans of fisherfolk in Uganda
- Helping women traders in Uganda
- Fistula assistance in Tanzania
- Bar-soap manufacturing in Uganda
- Manufacture of sanitary kits and face masks in Congo
- Caesareans in Uganda
- Menstrual pad manufacture in Uganda/Congo refugee camp
- Pig-rearing in Uganda
- Training in modern vegetable farming in Uganda
- Housing for homeless women in Washington, D.C.
The total amount of grant funding for 2020 was $57,092.
Light My Fire is grateful for support from its Director, Advisory Board, and generous individual donors.
Note: Light My Fire receives a large number of grant proposals from Uganda because the NGO network there has recommended our nonprofit as a source of funds.
Note: The total amount of funding in 2020 was comparable to the previous four year.